Sunday, October 13, 2013

About


About


Welcome to the Devout Rabbit, a lifestyle blog that hopes you find faith every day.


The "devout" in Devout Rabbit refers to the devotion you possess when you live a life full of passion and purpose. This devotion can translate to monumental tasks as well as the mundane everyday happenings.


Rabbits, or as I sometimes like to call them "bunnehs," are just one of the many examples of the little lessons in life that can teach us a thing or two about what it means to be human.  We all have an instinctual drive to dig our burrows, mark our territory, and run from predators. And they are really cute and fun to doodle.


What I hope you find here:
  • Tools for self-help, advice, learning, and inspiration
  • Strategies to live healthier and act with intention
  • Basic skills that will allow you to take on challenges with confidence, purpose, and consideration to yourself and those around you.
  • Fun randomness. Hey, you are on the internet, right?



About Me



You can call me Molly Moore and I am the writer for the Devout Rabbit. I am a once upon a time prom queen, naive, material girl turned simple-living, zealous idealist. I have a Master’s degree in Mental Health Counseling. In other words, I like to help people. If you are wondering where my picture is and what my real name is, I am choosing to write under the pseudonym, Molly, to protect the therapeutic relationship I have with my clients. That’s right, I live my personal life mostly free of social media. Are you ready for my explanation using psychobabble?


Due to the population of clientele I have served, it is in their best interest if my relationship with them is defined strictly to the therapeutic setting and to cross this boundary and foster non-professional interactions or a “dual relationship” would compromise the therapeutic integrity of their treatment.


In English? Boundaries.


Reading your therapist’s personal blog kind of ruins the vibe. When you go to therapy, and you’ve made some changes via that relationship with your therapist and now suddenly you feel obligated to “Like” her facebook post about the concert she went to sort of undermines the point in my opinion. When you see a therapist, her job is not to be your friend, but to be a blank canvas that you work out your problems on until you, the masterpiece, are finished.


You may be thinking, “I tweet my therapist all the time!” Cheers to you and your therapist! For me and the specific clients that I serve, it wouldn’t work.


But for you visual people out there who like to put a face with a name, I have included my very own self-portrait!


Disclaimer: This site is not a substitute for professional mental health counseling.


This site reaches beyond mental health and covers wellness, living skills, and spirituality. (Did I mention I have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science Education?) Sometimes, you need a professional’s help, but additionally there are many steps you can take on your own to better your life and mental well-being. Hopefully the information and stories here will serve to augment the strategies you already have put in place in your own life, because I know you have already been working diligently.


Thank you for reading this and getting to know a little about me. I hope I get to know more about you! Talk to you soon,